Brief Overview of Ultram 100mg Tablets (Tramadol 100mg)
Ultram 100mg tablet is an oral formulation that constitutes Tramadol as the functional component, which is very effective in the treatment of painful condition through its centrally acting action of analgesia. Ultram 100mg tablets falls in the category of the opioid analgesic.
Action Mechanism of Ultram 100mg Tablets (Tramadol 100mg)
Ultram 100mg tablets (Tramadol) acts with dual actions or mechanisms in order to relieve pain. The drug binds to mu-opioid receptors, which are the pain sensation medium so that pain can be reduced and the second action are the inhibition of neurotransmitter reuptake of serotonin and norepinephrine. Therefore, Ultram 100mg tablets acts in the brain to alter the feel and response to the pain.
Contraindications For The Use Of Ultram 100mg Tablets (Tramadol 100mg)
- Ultram 100mg tablets (Tramadol 100mg) should not be taken if you have allergic responses to Tramadol or any other constituent of Ultram drug.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding are conflicting states for the use of Ultram.
- Medical problems associated with heart, breathing, blood pressure, liver, or kidney disorder make you unsafe for the use of Ultram 100mg tablets (Tramadol).
- Individuals with drug or alcohol abuse history should never take Ultram without doctor consultation.
Dosing schedule of Ultram 100mg Tablets (Tramadol 100mg)
Ultram is accessible in different dosage strengths as 50mg in the form of conventional or immediate release tablets. Ultram in 100mg and 200mg dosage strength are extended release formulations. The dosing regimen of Ultram is 50-100mg for every 4-6 hours and the maximum limit of dose per day is 400mg for an adult patient while a geriatric should not take more than the 300mg dose in a day.
Side Effects of Ultram 100mg Tablets (Tramadol 100mg)
- Allergic reactions
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Respiratory depression
Safety Precautions While Using Ultram 100mg Tablets (Tramadol 100mg)
- Patients should not take Ultram drug more than suggested dosing and duration or it can cause dependence on the drug.
- Stopping the medication abruptly leads to the consequence of withdrawal symptoms, so reduce your dosing regimen prior to complete withdrawal.
- Avoid activities that require attention and consciousness after taking Ultram as it may affect your vision and alertness.