Brief Overview About Tazret Gel 0.05% (Tazarotene 0.05%)
Tazret Gel 0.05% contains Tazarotene as an active ingredient, which is a topical retinoid, used in the treatment of acne, blackheads, spots, pimples and other conditions of the skin. Tazret Gel 0.05% helps in decreasing the pimples and reducing the redness and soreness. Tazret has also some effect on reducing inflammation.
Mechanism of Action of Tazret Gel 0.05% (Tazarotene 0.05%)
Tazarotene binds to all the three members of the retinoic acid receptors and normalize the differentiation of follicular epithelial cells resulting in decreased micro comedones formation. Tazarotene also increases the collagen production and helps in the better organization of skin collagen bundles. Tazret Gel 0.05% slows down the production of skin cells that causes scaly and inflamed areas and exfoliates the skin to improve the appearance and texture of the skin.
Dosage Regimen of Tazret Gel 0.05% (Tazarotene 0.05%)
Tazret Gel 0.05% should be applied to the affected area at bedtime after washing. A thin film of Tazret Gel should be applied on the face. Hands should be washed before and after applying Tazret Gel 0.05%. The only small quantity of Tazret Gel 0.05% should be applied to the skin with gentle rubbing and firm spreading for better results. Avoid application of Tazret Gel 0.05% around eyes, lips and mucous membranes.
Contraindications of Tazret Gel 0.05% (Tazarotene 0.05%)
If you are allergic to Tazarotene or any of the ingredient present in it, then do not use Tazret Gel 0.05%
Precautions While Taking Tazret Gel 0.05% (Tazarotene 0.05%)
- Do not expose your skin to sunlight, including sunlamps, and you should use sunscreens and other protection whenever prolonged exposure is unavoidable.
- Tazret Gel should not be applied on skin with cuts, abrasions, eczema, or sunburn.
- Wax epilation should not be done on the Tazret Gel treated skin.
- Tazret Gel 0.05% should not be applied around the eyes, mouth, angles of the nose, mucous membranes.
- Do not use Tazret Gel 0.05%, if you are pregnant or a lactating mother.
Side Effects of Tazret Gel 0.05% (Tazarotene 0.05%)
Some common side effects of Tazret Gel 0.05% include redness of the skin, itching of skin, tingling sensation, dryness, and peeling of skin.