Brief overview of Soma 350mg Tablets (Carisoprodol 350mg)
Soma 350mg Tablets encompassing Generic Carisoprodol as the working constituent is a drug of muscle relaxation category. Therefore, the most effective action of Soma 350mg medication is in reducing and treating the moderate to the severe intensity of painful musculoskeletal conditions. Take the help of physical exercises and proper rest to facilitate faster results with Soma 350mg tablets therapy.
Action mechanism of Soma 350mg Tablets (Carisoprodol 350mg)
Soma 350mg tablets (Carisoprodol 350mg) are a drug of centrally acting mechanism to relax painful musculoskeletal conditions. This happens with the inhibition of pain signals connecting the brain and the nerves. Carisoprodol is a prodrug that is converted into its active metabolite called Meprobamate, which promotes relaxation and calming effects during the pain. Thus, with the centrally acting mechanism, Soma 350mg tablets (Carisoprodol 350mg) is accountable to alleviate pain associated with sprains, spasms, accident, injury or any other.
Dosing regimen of Soma 350mg Tablets (Carisoprodol 350mg)
Soma tablets (Generic Carisoprodol) is available as orally administered dosage formulation in effective strength of 350mg. The most recommended dose of Soma 350mg for an adult patient is the ingestion for three to four times a day according to pain intensity. The maximum limit of the dose is 1400mg a day for an adult while for a geriatric patient it should not cross the limit of 700mg a day.
Never alter the medication dosing without prior consultation or it can lead to drug tolerance. An overdose of Soma tablets causes drug dependency and sudden withdrawal leads to withdrawal symptoms.
Undesirable effects of Soma 350mg Tablets (Carisoprodol 350mg)
- Upset stomach
- Fast heartbeat
Safety precautions while using Soma 350mg Tablets (Carisoprodol 350mg)
- The combination of Soma with alcoholic beverages leads to excess dizziness, so avoid it with Soma therapy.
- Do not take Soma tablets if you have oversensitivity, ophthalmic, respiratory or any other medical problem.
- Soma 350mg tablets (Carisoprodol 350mg) are unsafe to be used during pregnancy and lactation.
- Patients with the history of suicidal thoughts, alcohol or drug abuse history should not take Soma 350mg tablets (Carisoprodol 350mg).
- It is unsafe to use Soma tablets in children and geriatric people without physician's suggestion.