Brief Overview About Sibutril 15mg Tablets (Sibutramine 15mg)
Sibutril 15mg tablet is a brand name of Sibutramine that commonly helps in losing weight and maintains the body weight. It is an oral anorexiant that should be used along with a low calorie diet and a moderate physical exercise for the treatment of obesity.
Mechanism of Action of Sibutril 15mg Tablets (Sibutramine 15mg)
Sibutramine shows its action mechanism by inhibiting the reuptake of norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine. By rendering their uptake, Sibutramine sends a signal to the brain making you satisfied. It also helps in suppressing the food cravings and keeps you feel full and satisfied after consuming food in small portions.
The Dosage Regimen of Sibutril 15mg Tablets (Sibutramine 15mg)
Commercially, Sibutril 15 mg is available in a capsule dosage form. A patient should take one tablet of Sibutril 15 mg orally, daily with or without food. Do not take double dose at a time if you have missed a dose of Sibutril. It is better to take Sibutril 15 mg in the morning to avoid sleeping problems. You should consume Sibutril 15 mg capsules at the same time every day for gaining effective results.
Contraindications of Sibutril 15mg Tablets (Sibutramine 15mg)
- If you are allergic or hypersensitive to Sibutramine or any other ingredient present in Sibutril, then you should not take this medication.
- Sibutril 15mg is not indicated to be used in patients having age more than 65 years.
Precautions while taking Sibutril 15mg Tablets (Sibutramine 15mg)
- You should avoid using Sibutril at the time of pregnancy, and in lactation.
- If a patient is suffering from glaucoma, seizure, hyperthyroidism, stroke, kidney disease, liver disease, heart failure, and stroke, then the patient should avoid taking Sibutril 15mg tablets.
- A patient should avoid taking this medication along with MAO inhibitors and SSRI as it may increase the side effects of Sibutril.
- If you are taking any other medications for weight loss, then you should not take Sibutril 15mg tablets.
- You should not consume alcoholic beverages while taking Sibutril 15mg tablets.
Side Effects of Sibutril 15mg Tablets (Sibutramine 15mg)
Some common side effects of Sibutril 15mg tablets include dry mouth, sweating, dizziness, insomnia, sleeplessness, runny nose, stuffy nose, joint pain, and back pain.