A brief overview of Rhinocort nasal spray:
Rhinocort nasal spray is commonly used for the treatment of congestion, sneezing, and runny nose caused by seasonal or year-round allergies. Rhinocort Aqua is also used to keep nasal polyps from coming back after surgery to remove them. It contains Budesonide as the main active ingredient that is available as nasal spray form. Rhinocort prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation.
Mechanism of action of Rhinocort nasal spray:
Rhinocort nasal spray (generic Budesonide) is a class of anti-inflammatory corticosteroid that produces action potent glucocorticoid activity and weak mineralocorticoid activity. This action reduces swelling and irritation in the airways to allow for easier breathing.
What are contraindications of Rhinocort nasal spray?
- Do not use this spray if you are allergic to any ingredient present in the Rhinocort.
- You should not Rhinocort nasal spray if you are suffering from a stomach ulcer, osteoporosis, a serious bacterial, viral, or fungal infection, and cirrhosis or another liver disease.
How to use Rhinocort nasal spray:
The usual dose of Rhinocort Aqua is 1 to 4 sprays into each nostril once per day. Before using the spray for the first time, you have to avail the spray pump. You should shake the medicine well and spray test sprays into the air, away from your face. Spray until a fine mist appears. You have to rinse the applicator if used for more than 2 weeks and prime with 2 test sprays. Shake the medicine bottle well just before each use. This medication may take up to 2 weeks using this medication before your symptoms improve. For best results, you should keep using the medication as directed.
What are the side effects of Rhinocort nasal spray?
While using this medication few unwanted effects are likely to occur such as mild nausea, headache, stuffy nose, sneezing, and cold symptoms such as a sore throat.
What should I avoid while using Rhinocort nasal spray?
- You should avoid getting Rhinocort Aqua in your eyes as it may show harmful effects.
- An individual should avoid being near people who are sick or have infections.
- If you are exposed to chickenpox or measles during treatment consult the doctor.