Brief Overview About Prosoma 500mg Tablets (Carisoprodol 500mg)
The patients who are going through muscle pain or discomfort use Prosoma 500mg tablets to manage their muscle pain or soreness. Prosoma 500mg tablet is extensively used in combination with rest, physical therapies, or other treatments to treat painful musculoskeletal conditions. It helps a person to obtain instant healing from muscle spasms, strains, and sprains. Prosoma 500mg tablets enclose a generic drug called Carisoprodol.
What is the mechanism of action of Prosoma 500mg Tablets (Carisoprodol 500mg)?
Carisoprodol is a safe and effective drug of carbamate class of medicines. It shows centrally acting muscle relaxing effect by interrupting neuronal communication within the reticular formation and spinal cord. This causes a modification in pain sensitivity in the brain and causes calmness in the brain.
What is the exact dosing regimen of Prosoma 500mg Tablets (Carisoprodol 500mg)?
Prosoma 500mg is commercially accessible in a tablet dosage form. You have to take one tablet of Prosoma 500mg orally twice a day at a regular interval of 10 to 12 hours, with an ample amount of water. You can consume Prosoma 500mg tablets with food or without food. The maximum dose of Prosoma should be taken in a day is 1400mg.
Who should not use Prosoma 500mg Tablets (Carisoprodol 500mg)?
- If you have allergic reactions with Carisoprodol, Meprobamate or other ingredients of Prosoma 500mg tablet, then do not use this medicine.
- If you are a pregnant woman or a breastfeeding mother, then you should not use Prosoma 500mg.
- If you are suffering from epilepsy, seizure disorder or porphyria, then do not use Prosoma 500mg tablets.
What are the safety measures that you have to follow while using Prosoma 500mg?
- You may feel sleepy or dizzy after using Prosoma 500mg tablets, so do not drive a vehicle or execute any risky tasks after using this medicine.
- You should not ingest alcohol or sleeping pills while relying on the treatment of Prosoma 500mg tablets.
- If you have a history of drug abuse or addiction, then you should not use Prosoma 500mg.
- Sudden discontinuation of Prosoma 500mg tablets may produce withdrawal symptoms, so consult your doctor how to safely stop using this medicine.
What are the side effects of Prosoma 500mg Tablets (Carisoprodol 500mg)?
The use Prosoma 500mg tablets may produce some side effects such as sleepiness, wooziness, tremor, headache, inaccurate vision, nausea, vomiting, chest pain, confusion, upset stomach, and agitation.
What are the possible drug interactions of Prosoma 500mg Tablets (Carisoprodol 500mg)?
Some medicines should not be used along with Prosoma 500mg tablets because of drug interactions such as Cetirizine, Diphenhydramine, Alprazolam, Diazepam, Meprobamate, Zolpidem, and Codeine.