A succinct overview of Prometrium Soft Gel Capsules (Generic Progesterone)
Prometrium Soft Gel Capsules is a renowned brand for generic Progesterone belonging to the class Progestin. The active compound Progesterone is given to the patient as a replacement for the naturally occurring female hormone Progesterone when there occurs a deficiency of it in the body. The need of hormone is crucial in the female body for normalizing the process of ovulation and continuation of the menstrual cycle in a woman especially those who have not passed menopause. Progesterone also resists overgrowth in uterus lining in postmenopausal women who is relying on estrogen therapy.
Mode of action of Prometrium Soft Gel Capsules (Generic Progesterone)
Prometrium Soft Gel Capsules (Progesterone) shows its therapeutic action by binding to the progesterone and estrogen receptors. Once the Progesterone couples with these receptors, it tends to lower down the frequency of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GNRH). It also slows down the preovulatory luteinizing hormone surge. For women who lack in estrogen, Progesterone prevents the transformation of proliferative endometrium from getting cancerous. Progesterone also develops decidual tissue for the embryo implantation.
The dosage regimen of Prometrium Soft Gel Capsules (Generic Progesterone)
For the prevention of endometrial hyperplasia: A female should Ingest 200 mg Prometrium capsules as a single dose at night prior going to sleep and continue its use for 12 days sequence wise per 28-day cycle to postmenopausal women getting estrogen tablets daily.
For secondary amenorrhea: A female should Ingest 400 mg Prometrium capsules as a single dose at night prior going to bed and stretch its use for minimum 10 days.
Contraindications to taken with Prometrium Soft Gel Capsules (Generic Progesterone)
- A woman should not consume these medicines if pregnant or recently had a miscarriage.
- Do not use medicines in case of breast cancer, peanut allergy, abnormal vaginal bleeding, stroke, liver disorder, heart attack, and clots.
- Omit the medicine use if you are hypersensitive to it.
Precautions to follow with Prometrium Soft Gel Capsules (Generic Progesterone)
- Progesterone interferes with the patient mental ability to think so be alert while driving or operating any machine.
- A pregnant woman and a lactating mother must consult her physician prior taking the Prometrium Soft Gel Capsules
- A woman should go for regular check up for breast lumps.
Ill effects with Prometrium Soft Gel Capsules (Generic Progesterone)
Side effects with use of Prometrium Soft Gel Capsules are
- Breast pain and tenderness
- Drowsiness, headache
- Hot flashes and mood swings
- Heartburn, bloating
- Diarrhea, constipation
- Swelling of hands or feet
- Unusual vaginal bleeding and discharge