Brief Overview About Premarin Tablets (Conjugated Estrogens)
Premarin Tablets is comprised of conjugated estrogens that are derived from natural sources. Estrogens are produced naturally from ovaries and are important for effective bodily functions. Premarin tablets impedes menopausal symptoms like hot flashes, burning, vaginal dryness, and irritation. It also prohibits osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. It balances estrogen in women who are facing ovarian failure. When our body reaches menopause stage, less estrogen are produced. This lack of Estrogen can be balanced by giving Premarin tablets externally.
Dosage information of Premarin Tablets (Conjugated Estrogens)
Patients having hypoestrogenism due to hypogonadism should consume 0.3 or 0.625 mg daily in a cyclic pattern such as three weeks on and one week off. If you are facing primary ovarian failure, consume 1.25 mg daily, or in the cyclic period. The dose you should take for vasomotor symptoms due to menopause is 0.3 mg daily. For treating symptoms of vaginal atrophy due to menopause, the dose to be taken is 0.3 mg daily.
Contraindication with Premarin Tablets (Conjugated Estrogens)
- Do not use Premarin tablets in medical conditions such as bleeding disorder, abnormal vaginal bleeding, hormonal related cancer, blood clotting disorder, allergic reaction, and history of heart attack.
- Never consume Premarin in lactating women.
- You should not use Premarin in pregnancy.
Safety precautions to follow with Premarin Tablets (Conjugated Estrogens)
- Quit smoking as it increases the risk of blood clotting, stroke, and heart attack.
- Avoid long-term usage of Premarin tablets as it may lead to breast cancer.
- You must convey your doctor if you have symptoms of unusual vaginal bleeding, thyroid disorder, gallbladder disorder, endometriosis, heart disease, epilepsy, hereditary angioedema, asthma, or high calcium levels in the body.
- It is important to self-examine if you had lumps in the breast on monthly basis.
- You must keep Premarin tablets away from children reach.
Ill effects with Premarin Tablets (Conjugated Estrogens)
Some side effects you may notice with Premarin Tablets (Conjugated Estrogens) are breast tenderness, vaginal itching, hair loss, nausea, breast pain, headache, vomiting, change in menstrual periods, swelling of hands or feet, stomach cramps, lump in the breast, and confusion.