Brief Overview About Pregnyl 5000 IU HCG Injection
Pregnyl 5000 IU HCG Injection is a renowned medication that is used for treating the infertility in those women who have not gone through menopause. Pregnyl 5000 IU HCG Injection possesses an active hormone known as Human chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) that helps in the normal development of egg in women's ovary and triggers the release of egg during the ovulation. In males, it is used for the treatment of hypogonadism. It has a phenomenal application in the treatment of prepubertal cryptorchidism, usually in younger boys having age between 4 to 9 years.
Mechanism Of Action Of Pregnyl 5000 IU HCG Injection
The action of HCG is somewhat similar to that of pituitary LH and FSH. It stimulates the production of gonadal steroid hormones and stimulates the interstitial cells (Leydig cells) of the testis to construct androgens and the corpus luteum of the ovary to fabricate progesterone. Stimulation of androgens in the male helps in the development of secondary sex characteristics. During pregnancy, HCG supports the secretion of progesterone and androgens that further prevents the menstruation.
Dosage Regimen Of Pregnyl 5000 IU HCG Injection
The usual adult dose for the induction of ovulation is Pregnyl 5000 to 5000 IU via intramuscular route one day following the last day of menotropins. For treating hypogonadism, a patient should administer Pregnyl 4000 IU through intramuscular route, thrice per week for 6 to 9 months followed by 2000 units, thrice per week for additional three months. The usual dose of Pregnyl for the treatment of prepubertal cryptorchidism should be 5000 IU via an intramuscular route on every other day for four injections.
Contraindications of Pregnyl 5000 IU HCG Injection
- If you are allergic or hypersensitive to HCG or any of the components present in Pregnyl, then you should not take Pregnyl 5000 IU HCG Injection.
- Pregnyl 5000 IU HCG Injection is contraindicated to be used in children under the age of 4 years.
Precautions While Taking Pregnyl 5000 IU HCG Injection
- If you are a pregnant woman or a lactating mother, then you should avoid taking Pregnyl 5000 IU HCG Injection.
- You should not use Pregnyl 5000 IU HCG Injection in case you observe early puberty.
- If you have an unknown or unusual uterine bleeding ovarian cyst, thyroid and adrenal glands problem then you should avoid taking Pregnyl 5000 IU HCG Injection.
- If you are extremely overweight and in near future, you have to go through a surgery, then you should avoid taking this medication.
- In case you have a blockage of the fallopian tube, blockage of blood vessels, then you should not take Pregnyl 5000 IU HCG Injection.
Side Effects Of Pregnyl 5000 IU HCG Injection
Some common side effects of Pregnyl 5000 IU HCG Injection include stomach pain, pelvic pain, bloating, nausea, headache, decreased the amount of urine, shortness of breath, weight gain, and chest pain.