Brief Overview About Pain-O-Soma 350mg Tablets
Pain-O-Soma 350mg Tablets generic Carisoprodol is a centrally acting muscle relaxant, which is used as an adjunct in the symptomatic treatment of musculoskeletal problems. Carisoprodol relieves pain and discomfort that arises due to sprains, strains, and muscle injuries. It alleviates pain due to muscle spasms. Carisoprodol is used as short-term treatment and is much useful along with rest and physical therapy.
Mode of action of Pain-O-Soma 350mg Tablets
Carisoprodol belongs to central nervous system depressant and acts as sedative and muscle relaxant. It interferes with the neuronal communication within the reticular formation and spinal cord and so causes sedation and alteration in pain perception.
Dosage information of Pain-O-Soma 350mg Tablets
Use single tablet of Pain O Soma 250 mg to 350 mg for muscle spasm via oral route thrice per day and at bedtime. The therapy can be continued up to two to three weeks. The pediatric dose is 250 mg or 350 mg via orally thrice per day and at bedtime. The therapy can be continued up to two to three weeks.
Some don'ts to follow with Pain-O-Soma 350mg Tablets
- Do not ingest Pain-O-Soma 350mg Tablets if you are allergic to Carisoprodol or Meprobamate.
- Never use if you have porphyria.
- Do not prescribe to patients who are less than 12 years old.
Safety precautions to follow with Pain-O-Soma 350mg Tablets
- Stop giving it to patients who have a history of drug abuse.
- Carisoprodol interferes with your thinking process so be careful before you indulge in harsh activities.
- Avoid its long-term use as it causes withdrawal symptoms.
- Convey to doctor your medical condition such as liver disorder, kidney disorder, and epilepsy.
- Before using in pregnancy or lactating mothers take advice from your doctor.
- Cease the alcohol intake, as it will result in drowsiness or dizziness.
- Avoid medicines such as cold medication, narcotic drugs, sleeping pills, and muscle relaxers that add sleepiness.
Side effects with Pain-O-Soma 350mg Tablets
Some common side effects that you notice with Pain-O-Soma 350mg Tablets are depression, tremor, dizziness, drowsiness, blurred vision, insomnia, nausea, and vomiting.