What Is Ovral L Pill?
Ovral L Pill is an oral contraceptive pill effective in preventing pregnancy. By design, it is made up of a combination of a Levonorgestrel and Ethinyloestradiol, both in small doses, satisfactory to prevent pregnancy through various mechanisms, while sustaining a low side effect profile. The ingredients are female sex hormones can also be used in the treatment of certain symptoms of menopause. Collateral compensation in menstrual dysfunction makes it flexible in many women’s health disorders.
How Ovral L Pill Works?
The ingredient in Ovral L Pill like Levonorgestrel is a progestin and Ethinylestradiol is an estrogen class of medications. Combination oral contraceptives act by inhibition of Gonadotropin. Though the main mechanism of this action is blockage of ovulation, other manipulation includes changes in the cervical mucus (which enhances the difficulty of sperm entry into the uterus) and the endometrium (which decrease the possibility of implantation).
What are the contraindications while using Ovral L Pill?
- A woman should not use this medication if hypersensitive to any ingredient in Ovral L Pill or generic Levonorgestrel and Ethinyloestradiol.
- Leave using Ovral L Pill if you are suffering from blood clotting problems, certain types of headaches or migraines uncontrolled blood pressure, vaginal cancer, estrogen-dependent growths, undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding and diabetes that affects circulation.
- Stay from using medications like Itraconazole, Ketoconazole, Bosentan, Carbamazepine, Dexamethasone, Felbamate, Griseofulvin, Hydantoins, Phenylbutazone, and Primidone along with this medication.
The dosing regimen of Ovral L Pill
Ovral L Pill contains 21 hormonal and 7 non-hormonal pills. A woman has to take one tablet of the hormonal pill with a glass of water for 21 successive days and then take one tablet of non-hormonal pill regularly for 7 consecutive days. The woman is advised to start the dosage regimen from the first day of menses. Each hormonal pill should be taken regularly without giving a gap.
What to do in case of missed doses of Ovral L Pill?
If you missed the dose of a single day, then take the dose within 12 hours. When you miss two or more pills, then ingest two pills for two repeated days after the last day failure day and the rest should be continued. This should be accompanied by the use of barrier contraceptive (Condoms, spermicides, diaphragm) for next seven days.
What are the side effects of Ovral L Pill?
Common side effects like a headache, stomach cramping, stomach cramping, blurred vision, swelling in ankle and feet, changes in weight and appetite, depression and breast pain and tenderness.
What are the safety measures while taking Ovral L Pill?
- You must not take if you are planning to become pregnant.
- Do not smoke while using Ovral L Pill because smoking increases the risk of blood clot and stroke.
- Never use if you are breastfeeding mothers.