What is Korlym Pill (Mifepristone Pill)?
Korlym Pill (Mifepristone Pill) is impeccable therapy normally used for the termination of unwanted pregnancy outside the womb. This medication is made up of Mifepristone as the main active ingredient, which is successful to terminate the pregnancy in the first trimester. Moreover, Korlym pill can also be used in another dosing strength to use Hyperglycemia (high blood glucose) in adults suffering from Cushing's syndrome who also have type 2 diabetes.
Function of Korlym Pill (Mifepristone Pill)
Mifepristone is a selective antagonist of progesterone, produces therapeutic action by blocking the supply of progesterone. Progesterone is compulsory to carry a pregnancy, as it provides oxygen and nutrition to the fetus. Blockage of this hormone results decreased nutrients in the fetus causes death.
What are the contraindications of Korlym Pill (Mifepristone Pill)?
- If you are suffering from endometrial cancer, heart problems and unexplained bleeding from the female reproductive organ.
- You are not suggested to use Korlym if you are hypersensitivity towards generic Mifepristone and Misoprostol or any ingredient in Korlym Pill (Mifepristone Pill).
- Do not ally medication like Warfarin, Corticosteroids, Hydrocortisone, Itraconazole, Ketoconazole, Erythromycin, Carbamazepine, Phenobarbital, Phenytoin, Dexamethasone, and Rifampin along with Korlym pill.
Method of administration of Korlym Pill (Mifepristone Pill)
Korlym possess three tablets of Mifepristone (200mg). For the termination of unwanted pregnancy, take this medication via mouth with a full glass of water on the first day as a single dose then wait for 2 days. In case of unsuccessful abortion then you are advised to take two tablets of Misoprostol. It can be used orally or vaginally after ingestion, wait for two days then consult the doctor for the verification of termination of pregnancy.
What Are The Possible Menacing Effects?
Some common unwanted effects possibly occur along with Korlym Pill (Mifepristone Pill) includes a tiredness, vaginal bleeding or discharge, diarrhea, nausea, dizziness, headache, stomach (menstrual-like) pain and/or cramping, vomiting , back pain, chills/shaking. Consult the health connoisseur for treatment if you feel any severe side effects.
What Are The Protecting Tact's While Using Korlym Pill?
- Never try to use Korlym Pill (Mifepristone Pill) in case of ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy outside the womb) and lactation.
- Consumption of alcohol is not recommended ally with this medication as it can cause harmful effect and do not lift heavy objects during an abortion.
- Take healthy and nutritious food for early recovery.