Kamagra is a prodigious medication that is intended to be used by those men who have a problem in maintaining a firm erection at the time of the intimate session. Kamagra possesses an active drug moiety known as Sildenafil citrate that is used to treat impotence or erectile dysfunction in men.
Mechanism of action of Kamagra:
Sildenafil acts as a phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) enzyme inhibitor that is responsible for the degradation of cGMP located around the corpus cavernosum. By inhibiting the enzyme, Sildenafil blocks the degradation of cGMP. Nitric oxide is released from the endothelial cells, at the time of sexual stimulation, which causes the synthesis of cGMP. As the level of cGMP is increased, there will be the relaxation of smooth muscle cells and the more flow of blood towards the male penile region. Thereby helps in maintaining a firm erection for an intimacy.
The dosage regimen of Kamagra:
Commercially, Kamagra 100 mg is available in a tablet dosage form. A patient needs to consume one tablet of Kamagra 100 mg via the oral route, once in a day and about one hour before the intimate session with his spouse. This medicine begins illustrating its effect within 30 minutes and its effect last for 4 to 5 hours, therefore the patient needs to maintain a gap of 24 hours between two consecutive doses of this medicine. The patient can take this medicine with or without food, but he should avoid taking fatty and heavy meals while taking this medicine.
Contraindications of Kamagra:
- If a patient notices any kind of allergic or hypersensitivity reactions to Sildenafil or any other component of Kamagra then the patient should stop taking this medication.
- A patient under the age of 18 and a woman should not take this medication.
Precautions while taking Kamagra:
- You should avoid consuming alcohol or any other alcoholic beverages while taking this medication.
- Do not operate any heavy machinery, drive, or any other work that require special alertness while taking this medication.
- In case you are suffering from a problem of kidney, liver, heart or breathing problem, low or high blood pressure, stroke, then you should avoid taking this medication.
- Avoid taking nitrate drugs along with Kamagra as it may cause a sudden decrease in the blood pressure.
Side effects of Kamagra:
Some common side effects of Kamagra include a headache, chest pain, back pain, nausea, sore throat, stuffy nose, runny nose, indigestion, upset stomach, and diarrhea.