Brief description of Flagyl Cream (Treat Vaginal Infection)
Flagyl Cream (Treat Vaginal Infection) generic Metronidazole, an antibiotic prevents different types of bacterial infections. Flagyl Cream (Treat Vaginal Infection) functions by hindering the growth of parasites and bacteria. It can be used alone or along with other medications to prevent endocarditis, bacterial vaginosis, and pelvic inflammatory disorder. Metronidazole treats infections due to anaerobic bacteria and protozoa.
Mode of action of Flagyl Cream (Treat Vaginal Infection)
Flagyl Cream (Treat Vaginal Infection) shows its action by coupling with anaerobic bacteria and reduces Metronidazole to its active form. This reduced form of Metronidazole then covalently couples with DNA, causes disruption of the helical structure thereby causing prohibition of synthesis of nucleic acids, and finally causes the death of the bacterial cell.
Dosage information of Flagyl Cream (Treat Vaginal Infection)
Dose for Bacterial Vaginosis: A woman should use one applicator full of Flagyl gel intravaginally once (at bedtime) or twice a day for five consecutive days. Relax while lying on your back with your knees bent. Squeeze the Flagyl gel into the applicator slowly until it is full. Now, hold the applicator in your hand and insert it slowly into the vagina. Slowly press the plunger of the applicator until stops to administer the medication. Then take out the applicator and throw the applicator once it used.
Some don'ts to follow with Flagyl Cream (Treat Vaginal Infection)
- Flagyl Creamshould never be used in the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Do not use if you have a hypersensitive reaction to Flagyl Cream.
- Do not use in breastfeeding mothers and children.
Safety precautions to follow with Flagyl Cream (Treat Vaginal Infection)
- You must convey your doctor if you have epilepsy, liver disorder, nerve disorder, stomach disease, intestine disease, and blood cell disorder.
- Cut the intake of alcohol when you are using Flagyl Cream.
- In the case of unpleasant symptoms like skin rashes, redness convey your doctor.
- If you observe diarrhea then stops using Flagyl Cream.
Side effects with Flagyl Cream (Treat Vaginal Infection)
Some common side effects you notice with Flagyl Cream are a loss of balance, dizziness, stomach pain, diarrhea, vaginal itching, severe skin reaction, and sensitivity to light.