Brief Overview About Erex 50mg / 100mg Tablets
Erex 50mg / 100mg tablets contains an active generic drug known as Sildenafil citrate that is most frequently used by those men who are struggling with the problem of erectile dysfunction (ED) or impotence. Erex 100mg / 50mg tablets shows its effect only when a man is sexually provoked.
Mechanism of Action of Erex 50mg / 100mg Tablets
Sildenafil present in Erex 50mg / 100mg is an inhibitor of phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) enzyme that is responsible for the degradation of cGMP. By acting as an inhibitor of PDE-5, Sildenafil blocks the degradation of cGMP in the corpus cavernosum. Sildenafil also stimulates the release of nitric oxide (NO) from the endothelial cells and causes more release of cGMP from the corpus cavernosum. Increase in the amount of cGMP causes smooth muscle relaxation and allows more flow of blood towards the male penile region. Therefore, Erex 100mg / 50mg tablets helps in maintain a firm erection for a longer duration.
Dosage Regimen of Erex 50mg / 100mg Tablets
Commercially, Erex 50 mg and 100mg is available in a tablet dosage form. A patient should take one tablet of Erex 50 mg or 100mg orally, approximately one hour before making love session, with sufficient quantity of water. Erex 50 mg or 100mg starts to act within 30 minutes after the administration and lasts its effect for 4 to 5 hours. Therefore, you should maintain a gap of 24 hours between the two doses of Erex. You can take this drug with food or without food but avoid taking heavy and fatty meals.
Contraindications of Erex 50mg / 100mg Tablets
- If you see any kind of allergic or hypersensitive reactions to Sildenafil or any other component present in Erex then stop taking this medication.
- Erex 100mg / 50mg tablets are not advised to be used in patients under the age of 18 and in women.
Precautions while taking Erex 50mg / 100mg Tablets
- Patients who have a history of myocardial infarction or stroke, arrhythmia episodes, and who are diagnosed with cardiac failure should not take Erex 100mg / 50mg tablets.
- People who are suffering from kidney disease, liver disease, coronary artery disease, hypertension or resting hypotension, and retinitis pigmentosa should avoid taking Erex 50mg / 100mg tablets.
- If you are also taking Nitrates, such as Nitroglycerin, Isosorbide nitrates, then you should avoid taking this medication.
- You should avoid consuming alcohol and other drinks containing alcohol while taking Erex 50 mg.
- A patient should avoid operating heavy machinery and driving while taking Erex 50mg / 100mg tablets as it may cause dizziness.
Adverse Effects of Erex 50mg / 100mg Tablets
A patient may experience some common adverse effects while taking Erex 50mg / 100mg tablets and these include nausea, headache, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, sore throat, runny nose, muscle pain, stuffy nose, back pain, chest pain and irregular heartbeat.