Brief Overview About Dostinex Pill (Cabergoline Tablets)
Dostinex tablets has a phenomenal application in the treatment of the disorders that are caused due to a high level of prolactin hormone in the body of both men and women. This increase in the level is either due to pituitary adenomas or idiopathic. Dostinex tablets enclosed of Cabergoline that is an ergot medication used to maintain the level of prolactin in the body.
Mechanism of action of Dostinex Pill (Cabergoline Tablets)
Cabergoline is a long-acting dopamine receptor agonist and has a great affinity for D2 receptors. After getting bind to the dopamine receptor, Cabergoline decreases serum prolactin level. This action of Cabergoline helps in the maintaining prolactin level in both males and females.
The dosage regimen of Dostinex Pill (Cabergoline Tablets)
Commercially, Dostinex is available in an oral tablet dosage form. The most recommended dose of Dostinex for the treatment of hyperprolactinemic disorders is 0.25 mg per week. The dose of Dostinex tablets may be increased up to 1 mg twice a week after checking the patient's prolactin level. After 6 months, if the normal level of serum prolactin level is achieved, the patient may discontinue the use of Dostinex tablets.
Contraindications of Dostinex Pill (Cabergoline Tablets)
- If a patient notices any type of allergic or hypersensitivity reactions to Cabergoline, ergot or any other ingredients present in Dostinex tablets, then the patient should stop taking this medication.
Precautions while taking Dostinex Pill (Cabergoline Tablets)
- If you have a history of heart valve problem, lungs, kidney or heart problem, then you should avoid taking Dostinex tablets.
- If you are a pregnant woman, planning to become pregnant or a breastfeeding mother, then you should stay away from the use of Dostinex tablets.
- If you are taking any other prescribed medications, non-prescribed medications, or any dietary supplement, then you should avoid taking Dostinex tablets.
- If a patient is suffering from uncontrolled high blood pressure then the patient must not take Dostinex Pill.
- If you are taking any medication that causes decreased blood pressure or causes heart valve problem, then you should not take Dostinex.
Side effects of Dostinex Pill (Cabergoline Tablets)
Some common side effects of Dostinex Pill include swelling of the face, cold sweats, weight gain, headache, swelling around the eyes, cough, and tingling of the hands and feet.