Brief Overview of Dianette Pill (Oral Contraceptive Pill)
Dianette Pill (Oral Contraceptive Pill) is a blend of two active constituents namely Cyproterone acetate, which is an anti-androgen or analog of progestogen and Ethinylestradiol, which is an estrogen. Since it contains two hormonal components, therefore, it is referred as combined oral contraceptive pill. Dianette pill is also beneficial in treating severe acne conditions or in women with abnormal hair growth only when it is prescribed for the same.
Working of Dianette Pill (Oral Contraceptive Pill)
Dianette Pill (Oral Contraceptive Pill) encompassing Cyproterone acetate and Ethinylestradiol works very efficiently as a contraceptive pill with the inhibition of ovulation process. In addition, Dianette augment the thickness of cervix mucus to make it difficult for the sperm to cross the vagina into the womb, and changing the womb lining to make it less suitable for the fertilized egg for implantation. This, way, Dianette works as a successful oral contraceptive pill.
Dosing Regimen of Dianette Pill (Oral Contraceptive Pill)
Dianette Pill (Oral Contraceptive Pill) comes as small pills in a pack of total 21pills. For the contraception purpose, you have to take these 21 pills daily at the same time without missing any dose. Then next new pack should be continued after 7 days when you do not have to take any pill after taking the 21 pills. Take the pill with water regardless of the food. Start the first pill on your first day of menstruation considering it as the first day.
In case you missed any single day pill, then you have to take two pills as a single dose in your next dosing. In case you missed more than two days dosing, then you have to take two pills as a single dose in your next two consecutive dosing.
Adverse Effects of Dianette Pill (Oral Contraceptive Pill)
- Headache, nausea, vomiting
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea
- Breast tenderness, mood swings
- Change in weight, water retention
Contraindications while using Dianette Pill
- Do not give Dianette Pill (Oral Contraceptive Pill) to pregnant women and lactating mothers.
- Medical history of blood clots, heart stroke, overweight, smoking, hypertension, migraine, diabetes, jaundice, unusual vaginal bleeding, or breast cancer is contradictory for the use of Dianette pill.
- The allergic responses to any constituent of Dianette pill make it unsuitable for the use.
Safety precautions while using Dianette Pill (Oral Contraceptive Pill)
- Take precaution if you are taking any other medication too.
- If your age is more than 35 years and you are a smoker, then you should take the more precaution while taking Dianette pill.