What do you know about Clonotril?
Clonotril has essential generic component as Clonazepam that comes in Benzodiazepine class. If you are suffering from epilepsy and panic disorders, so Clonotril is taken to balance those chemicals. Clonotril is an effective seizure medication and quite effective in eradicating seizure, anxiety, and other panic situation.
What is the working of Clonotril?
Clonazepam works by putting an end to the excitatory state of GABA and produces immediate relief to the patients. Benzodiazepine causes inhibition of limbic arousal and cortical followed by stimulation of reticular pathways.
What is the dosing scheme of the drug Clonotril?
For seizure prophylaxis: The adult dose required for getting rid of seizure problem is 1.5 mg by oral route per day but divide into three doses. You must raise the strength by 0.5 mg to 1 mg after every three days interval until your seizures are controlled. The dose can be taken maximum up to 20 mg through the oral route per day.
For panic disorder: The start-up dose for stopping panic disorder is 0.25 mg through the oral route two times per day. The maximum dose can be hiked up to 4 mg through the oral route per day.
What are the contradictory measures to follow with Clonotril?
- You should not lactate your baby while you are using Clonotril.
- Never consume Clonotril if you are suffering from narrow-angle glaucoma and severe liver disorder.
- You should not use Clonotril when you are allergic to this medication.
- Stop its usage in panic disorder in patients whose age is below 18 years old.
What are important things to take care while using Clonotril?
- When you have medical conditions like porphyria, asthma, glaucoma, depression, mental ailment, psychosis, suicidal thought, and liver or kidney disorder, you must tell your doctor about it.
- Restrict alcohol usage before using Clonotril.
- Do not share with a person having drug abuse history.
- Clonotril alters your thought process so cease driving or physical activities that require alertness.
What are the harmful effects with Clonotril?