A brief description of Clomid 100mg / 50mg Tablets
Clomid 100mg / 50mg Tablets is a prodigious medication that is most commonly used in women to treat infertility. It has a tremendous application for causing ovulation in those women who are suffering from certain medical conditions like polycystic ovary syndrome that averts naturally occurring ovulation. Clomid 100mg / 50mg tablets possesses an active drug moiety known as Clomiphene.
Mechanism of action of Clomid 100mg / 50mg Tablets
Clomiphene has the ability to get bind to the estrogen receptor containing tissue that guides the pituitary gland to release pituitary Gonadotropins. This initiates steroidogenesis and folliculogenesis and results in the growth of the ovarian follicle and an augment in the circulating level of Estradiol. Following ovulation, the plasma progesterone and Estradiol level get to rise and fall that normally happens in the ovulatory cycle. Therefore, results in the initiation of ovulation.
The dosage regimen of Clomid 100mg / 50mg Tablets
Commercially, Clomid 100 mg is accessible in a tablet dosage form. Clomid 100 mg should be administered orally with sufficient quantity of water. The initial dose of Clomid is 50 mg once daily for 5 days but if the ovulation does not occur at this dose, you have to increase the dose up to 100 mg. One tablet of Clomid 100 mg should be taken orally, once daily for 5 days. A patient should not increase the dose of Clomid above 100 mg.
Contraindications of Clomid 100mg / 50mg Tablets
- If a patient notices any kind of allergic or hypersensitivity reactions to Clomiphene then the patient should stop taking this medication.
Precautions while taking Clomid 100mg / 50mg Tablets
- In the case of abnormal vaginal bleeding, the patient needs to avoid taking Clomid 100mg / 50mg tablets.
- If you have a liver disease, a tumor of your pituitary gland, ovarian cyst, then you should avoid taking Clomid 100mg / 50mg tablets.
- If you are already a pregnant woman then you should stop taking Clomid 100mg / 50mg tablets.
- Avoid taking Clomid 100mg / 50mg tablets in case you have the untreated and uncontrolled problem of the thyroid gland or adrenal gland.
- A breastfeeding mother should avoid taking Clomid 100mg / 50mg tablets.
Side Effects of Clomid 100mg / 50mg Tablets
Some common side effects of Clomid include nausea, headache, stomach pain, bloating, pelvic pain, tiredness, dizziness, restlessness, and hot flashes.